Friday, January 23, 2009

Part-time job

So, yesterday I went back to work part time. It was definitely different going back to work after being off for so long and just helping my mom most of the time. The job is very flexible though and I basically work when I want so it is a good fit for me and will still allow me to be available for my mom. I am working for a company that assigns you elderly people and you take care of their needs. For example, light housework, cooking, grocery shopping, take them to doctor's visits, etc. Okay, so not the typical job for someone who has a MBA, but it will work for now. So far, I have one regular client Monday-Thursday from 3pm-6pm, and then I am filling in for other people when they can't go to their clients. I think there is a part of me that will feel very rewarded at the end of every day once I get going with this. I hope that someday when I am old and can't do things on my own someone will care for me as good as I intend to care for my clients.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

What a great attitude to have about your job. I am sure they will appreciate the care and your sunny personality! And you never know when an MBA will come in handy ;)