Tuesday, February 17, 2009

LASAGNA! YUMMY!

Here is my lasagna recipe! This is one of my husband's favorites of the vast array of dishes that I make. If any of you have tried any of these recipes that I have posted, please give me feedback, even if you didn't like it.

Ingredients:
2 lbs ground beef (can also substitute with some sausage. I usually make it 60/40)
one medium onion, chopped
2 6oz cans tomato paste
1 package of dry spaghetti sauce mix (I usually use the thick & zesty)
1 and a 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
9 lasagna noodles
1 large carton of small curd cottage cheese
2 8oz packages of shredded mozzarella or Italian cheese blend (I use the Italian cheese blend from Meijer and I use three bags because I like mine really cheesy, but it works with two if you don't like it that cheesy)

Brown beef (or sausage/beef mix) and onion, season with s & p, and drain. Add tomato paste and 2 6oz cans of water. Simmer for a 1/2 hour. Stir in parsley flakes and spaghetti sauce, mix and simmer for 15 minutes. Cook sauce to be very thick and dry. Cook lasagna noodles in salted water until tender. Grease a 9X13 inch pan and layer:
1/2 noodles
1/2 meat sauce (I usually make up my meat sauce the night before)
1/2 cottage cheese
1/2 mozzarella or Italian cheese blend
Repeat Layers

Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.

TIP: If you use three bags of cheese like I do, you will need to use a pretty deep 9x13 pan. I have a glass dish that is about an inch deeper than the rest of my 9x13 dishes and that is what I use

1 comment:

Christine said...

I am going to make some of your recipes when I get a chance. They all sound so good. I have this recipe for pumpkin goeey butter bars that is amazing and terrible for you. So delicious and you can change the recipe to do pineapple. Hope you are doing okay! Miss ya!