Monday, April 13, 2009

My Korean Sister!


This is Hae-ahn Kwon (we call her Ann), and she is my Korean sister. My family had her as a foreign exchange student back in 2002 and she flew back for a few days to visit us. She is currently an art student at Cooper Union in NYC, and she did one semester at Columbia. Her dad owns an art institute in South Korea, so she comes by her work very naturally. We missed her so much! While we kept in close contact with her, most of us had not seen her since we took her back home to Korea in the summer of 2002. My mom and I managed to arrange her arrival and keep it a secret from everyone else. We said my mom had a dentist appointment and then told my sister we would meet her at the mall after the dentist appointment and then the whole family was going out for supper at 5. The look on all of their faces were priceless when they saw her. Even after seven years, she is still the Ann that belongs to our family, even if not biologically. We all feel very blessed and grateful to have her as part of our lives. We had some very busy days with her here and I am very ready to sleep in tomorrow!

1 comment:

Christine said...

your post made me tear up! so nice that you have her you in your life and that you got to see her again. : )